IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards Honor Leaders for Outstanding Achievements Through Better Informed Decisions
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - 17 Nov, 2015 - IHS (NYSE: IHS), the leading global source of information and insight, today announced that eight organizations have been selected to receive 2015 IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards. Founded in 2006, this prestigious industry award program honors enterprises and individuals around the world who have successfully used advanced information, analytics and expertise to make better decisions and achieve their business goals.
“Decision makers in every industry sector are under pressure to tackle challenges at all levels of their organizations, from strategic planning to daily operations,” said KC Chartrand, chair of the IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Award Committee. “We are proud to spotlight our award winners for their extraordinary accomplishments, leveraging best-in-class information and insight to meet both immediate and long-term objectives – and we look forward to continuing our support of their great work in the future.”
The new IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Award honorees range from global automotive, chemical, energy, engineering, and technology companies to a local government agency. The winners are:
- BASF – Headquartered in Germany, the world’s largest chemical producer has streamlined management of safety, health and environmental issues by developing a standard template to document process safety risks and training 1,600 staff within nine months. Thousands of risk assessments have been created, expediting prioritization of action items and simplifying compliance reporting.
- City of Boca Raton, Florida USA – This municipal agency centralized tracking of incidents and workers compensation claims to ensure quick medical services and minimize lost work time. Its Risk Management office now handles 200 annual claims for 5,500 employees and volunteers with a staff of one. It has reduced its annual budget by 25 percent and ranks #1 among 410 state worker-comp programs.
- Esanda – This UK training and consulting firm helps clients around the globe reduce the uncertainty of oil and gas drilling projects while accelerating decisions for a competitive edge. It condensed scenario run time by 50-80 percent, lowered client project costs through better planning, reduced its own costs by improving consultant efficiency, and strengthened accountability with visibility into cost estimates.
- Mercedes Benz USA – The famous manufacturer of luxury automobiles wanted to increase the sales effectiveness of its dealers and grow its market share. By providing access to better market intelligence, this company cut average of two hours preparation time spent by field personnel to visit 370 dealers each month – saving thousands of hours annually on administrative tasks.
- Repsol – Headquartered in Spain, this major oil and gas company deployed a fully automated system to track compliance with Europe’s complex air, waste and water management permits across multiple facilities. It performed more than 1 million calculations daily and stored 5 million emissions calculations annually, accelerating air and water emissions reporting from three months to three weeks.
- S-Chem – As part of its focus on operational excellence, the pioneering Saudi Arabia-based petrochemical company automated its Management of Change (MOC) processes. Its enterprise system processed 1,500 MOCs between 2010-2015, ensuring compliance with industry standards while reducing time spent on manual MOC data compilation processes by 75 percent and achieving 25 percent monetary savings.
- Siemens – One of the world’s top suppliers of medical diagnosis technologies, as well as systems for power generation and transmission, this German-based company met tight U.S. OSHA and EU GHS compliance deadlines – and maintained access to key markets – by reassessing 3,500 reagents according to new GHS classifications and updating 70,000 Safety Data Sheets as well as creating SDSs in 20 unique language formats.
- Trimble – This American provider of location-based technologies ensures compliance with complex EHS regulations as well as avoiding disruptions to its supply chain. Managers instantly find data on thousands of parts each quarter versus manually looking up each one, reducing delivery time of RoHS and REACH documentation from weeks to under two days – an 86 percent increase in efficiency.
To read the full case studies for these new Award winners, as well as dozens of other industry leaders who have been honored in the past, visit www.IHS.com/SPECTRUM-Awards
“As always, we would like to thank all of our 2015 award winners for sharing their stories,” said Chartrand. “By giving the rest of us an opportunity to learn from their experiences, they are providing leadership by example in their respective industries and professions.”
The IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards are part of the IHS Customer Recognition Program. For more information, please contact IHS-SPECTRUM-Excellence-Awards@ihs.com
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
EnVizTec is a provider of technology and services to fulfill the needs of progressive companies to achieve high levels of operational excellence, innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement in quality and safety.
EnVizTec provides a range of solutions which leverage our collective experience in Operational & Quality Risk Management, Product Innovation and Collaboration tools.
Our experience extends across a wide range of industries including Automotive, Aerospace & Defence, Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, Process, Energy and Resources via long-term relationships with industry-leading corporations and suppliers.